Sunday, August 5, 2012

Goodbye to Good People.


                My internship just ended. It makes me feel empty knowing I may never see the ten or more people that I interacted with for twenty three days. I never got a sense of who they were, just how they acted.  They were all interesting people, good people. Everyone was different, each a lifetime of different experiences mixed together. I’ll never even get a real taste of what they lived. They have their own stories to tell, and I’m sure they’re all worth listening to. Every person I cross paths with have experienced so much that I have not. When someone walks by, I’m missing out on so much. How they survive, who they love, little pieces of advice they have to give, it’s all just walking by and I never stop to ask them about it. Maybe it’s strange to get personal with new people, but maybe it’s the best way to learn. For example, in my internship, everyone clearly had more knowledge than me, but I didn’t have the time to ask to share their knowledge, or even their opinions.
                I guess it is humbling thinking there are 7 billion people. Each one is like a book, some similar, but none the same. There’s just so much to each one, but there’s only ever time to see the cover. Sometimes there’s enough time to read the little blurb on the back page. Even then, I can really only see the books at the libraries I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment