Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Long Time Coming


                Today I had a conversation that needed to be had for years. After a while, I kind of expected it to never happen. Yet it still found a way to come back even against the odds. I truly think today was a much better time than maybe a year ago, though. There’s some more separation from the event, allowing the conversation to be a little bit more civilized.  It wasn’t the birds and the bees talk. That happened years ago, and probably a little too early thanks to tv and an easy to guess parental lock code.
                It was a talk about who I was and what I’ve done. It’s a lot more difficult to accept my past when I’m not just ranting on a website. When there’s an actual person to talk to, to listen to, it’s much harder to convince myself I was always doing the right thing. Though I think the conclusion was I was wronged just as much as I wronged others. I can only hope that down the road our two wrong turns can still take us where we want to go. It’s so easy to see that I was just trying to be the person I am today, but the timing was just all wrong. I figured out I wasn’t the type of person that meets their love in high school. I think a lot of people learned that the hard way. I do still think that my decisions and blind passion was right, just at the wrong time. That translates into “I was wrong, but I don’t like being wrong.”
                I probably shouldn’t single out one specific person in my writing, but…Anyway I was pretty speechless at the time, but now that I’m not on the spot, I can only wish that you see this. I hope that whenever and wherever it happens, I can introduce you to my wife, and I can meet your husband. But until then, a chai and latte every now and again sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment